Have you been using social media for marketing but feel like you are scaring people away?
Are you wondering if there’s something wrong with your posts or missing in your strategy?
People come to me with these concerns all the time and it’s time to get the attention you deserve! 🙂
If you want to step ahead of your competition start using these 5 rules in your marketing today ;
- Social rules do apply: One of the biggest mistakes we see people do is pitching their business over and over again. An easy rule to remember is if you wouldn’t be comfortable saying something to your friends face to face, then its probably not appropriate to post it online either. Social medias are meant to be social and the rules that applies online should be the same than in real life. BE POSITIVE, create curiosity and make sure you’re fun to hand around! Being negative has never worked very well to build relationships in real life, the same holds true in the online world.
- Authenticity is crucial: Being genuine is VERY important. If you are doing false claims or pretending to be someone you are not, people will smell it from miles away and won’t feel like following you or buying from you. In fact, the more real and imperfect you are, the better! This increases your chance of having more people relate with you and want to get to know you. This is all about relationship building and TRUST and that is what you need in order to grow your business.
- Posts should be valuable : Talking about yourself all the time or posting at people in the hopes of getting likes and comments will not grow your audience. Instead, share interesting content and article that people can learn from , things that can help them in their lives such as inspiration, stories and helpful tips. Provide content that can have a positive impact in people’s lives. Put simply, the more value you provide, the more people you’ll attract.
- Engagement is essential: This is one of the most important part and one that most people fail at doing. When you see people like, comment or share your content, it means they have taken the time to show you appreciation. That appreciation should be acknowledged and returned! Engagement is also what search engine are looking for these days. So if you want to increase your visibility, make that engagement go UP any chance you get!!
- Frequency does matter : The consistency and frequency of your post is extremely important. Marketing is your no. 1 friend in business. The more people see and hear about you, the better. Why would you want to limit your nb. of posts? Here is an interesting fact for you, companies such as Hufftington Post and Inc. post every single hour of the day, do you think they would do that if it didn’t work? My answer is if they do it, then you probably should ! 😉
If you apply these 5 principles I guarantee you will get better results with your social media marketing and have more and more people respond to your content and reach out to you. I know for a fact because it did for me.
Finally, remember that people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. If you show your audience you care about them , they will love you THAT MUCH MORE !
To your dream life,
P.S. Are you still not sure where to find leads for your business?? Click here to learn how I have been generating leads on a daily basis